And that’s that the Orioles aren’t particularly close to a deal. Now there’s the caveat that things can change rapidly. And we’ve seen it happen before.
But right now it looks like they may not get anything done.
- Trade deadline possibilities for the Orioles
- Some trade updates: Mariners style (and no Justin Morneau)
- Is Astros' Bud Norris truly an upgrade for the Orioles' rotation?
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
One industry source said that’s not for a lack of trying. They are apparently still contacting several teams today, but they don’t want to take on a ton of salary or give up their best prospects. And unless the demands come down, they will wait for August, when players must clear trade waivers before being dealt.
Dan Duquette has the OK to add salary, but the combination of adding it and giving up certain prospects has not been palatable at this point.