I don’t care how jaded of an Orioles fan you may be (or a grizzled sportswriter for that matter), Opening Day is always cool.
- Future of Camden Yards depends on continued evolution
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
- Peter Schmuck's Orioles player predictions
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
This will be the 16th Opening Day I have covered – of 21 at Camden Yards – and the 12th in which I have been an everyday member of the Orioles media (yes, I am old). Throw in all the times I skipped school (my mom told Immaculate Heart of Mary and Calvert Hall the truth every year in the note: “Please excuse Danny from school, he will be at Opening Day on Monday”) to go to the season opener and I bet you this is close to my 30th one.
Yeah, they are still special. No matter what April 7 and beyond brings (that’s for another blog).
We’ll hit you up a lot today here, so keep checking in. But I wanted to at least get you the Opening Day lineups before you drive to the Yards.
Twins: Span 8, Carroll 6, Mauer 2, Morneau DH, Willingham 7, Doumit 9, Valencia 5, Parmelee 3, Casilla 4. Pavano P
Orioles: Reimold 7 Hardy 6 Markakis 9 Jones 8 Wieters 2 Betemit DH Reynolds 5 Davis 3 Andino 4 Arrieta 1