SARASOTA, Fla. -- I have yet to see South Korean pitcher Suk-min Yoon arrive here at the Ed Smith Stadium Complex, but he is scheduled to have his club physical here this morning.
At least I have that selfie he posted the other day for reference.
Yoon, who has agreed to terms on a three-year, $5.575-million deal, flew in from Southern California and arrived in Florida on Thursday night.
- Orioles agree to three-year deal with South Korean RHP Suk-min Yoon
- Orioles' deal with Suk-min Yoon doesn't save offseason, but it sure helps
- Orioles' increased international emphasis continues to pay off
- Orioles in August 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles in July 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Once Yoon passes his physical, he still must obtain a work visa in South Korea before officially joining the club. That process could take a few weeks.
The club will conduct physicals throughout the morning and then is scheduled to hit the field for the first pitchers and catchers workout of spring training.
Position players who are here early are working out on their own. Some players are already in the covered batting cages taking swings.