CHICAGO -- Scott Feldman already has a locker in the visiting clubhouse of U.S. Cellular Field, his new Orioles No. 34 jerseys hanging inside.
He’s currently on his way from Oakland – where the Cubs are playing and Feldman was slated to start tonight -- back to Chicago. And the Orioles will be expecting him to be ready immediately tommorrow.
The Orioles announced that Feldman will make his Orioles debut Wednesday against the White Sox. Left-hander Zach Britton will start Thursday’s afternoon game on regular rest.
- Scott Feldman [Pictures]
- Orioles bolster rotation, trade for right-hander Scott Feldman in deal that sends Arrieta and Strop to Cubs
- Instant analysis of the Orioles trading Arrieta and Strop to Cubs for Feldman
- 20 key moments from the Orioles' season [Pictures]
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Orioles trade Strop, Arrieta to Cubs for Scott Feldman [Video]
That allowed the Orioles to push right-hander Miguel Gonzalez – originally slated to start Wednesday – back to Friday’s series opener at Yankee Stadium. That gives Gonzalez an extra three days rest and matches him up against a Yankees team he’s had success against.
Wei-Yin Chen will make one more rehab start for Triple-A Norfolk and then likely join the starting rotation.
Lost in the shuffle of today’s trade is the return of outfielder Nolan Reimold off the disabled list. Reimold will start in left field and bat eighth tonight against White Sox left-hander John Danks.
Here are tonight’s starting lineups:
Nick Markakis RF
Manny Machado 3B
J.J. Hardy SS
Adam Jones CF
Chris Davis 1B
Matt Wieters C
Danny Valencia DH
Nolan Reimold LF
Brian Roberts 2B
Jason Hammel RHP
Alejandro De Aza CF
Alexei Ramirez SS
Alex Rios RF
Adam Dunn 1B
Paul Konerko DH
Hertor Gillaspie 3B
Dayan Viciedo LF
Gordon Beckham 2B
Tyler Flowers C
John Danks LHP