"Rudy," of Notre Dame fame, throws out first pitch Thursday
Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger, the former Notre Dame football walk-on who inspired the movie "Rudy," threw out the first pitch of the Orioles' game against the Rays on Sept. 13. (Joy R. Absalon, US PRESSWIRE / September 13, 2012)
- Notable first pitches at Camden Yards [Pictures]
- Orioles pregame: With win, Orioles can sweep Rays, end losing season streak
- Orioles pictures: September
- Baseball players on the move this offseason
- 35th annual OriolesREACH Holiday Party for Kids [Pictures]
- Major League Baseball's winter meetings [Pictures]
See more photos »
Ruettiger's nephew John Ruettiger is an outfielder in the Orioles' minor league system. He batted .280 and stole 28 bases at three stops this season.
The runt-sized Rudy Ruettiger recorded a sack on the final play of the final home game of his senior year in 1975.