Brian Roberts, who hasn’t played in a game since injuring his right hamstring on the third day of the season, April 4, made his first rehab start Tuesday for Triple-A Norfolk.
Leading off and playing second base for the Tides against Columbus, Roberts went 2-for-4 with two runs scored in Norfolk’s come-from-behind, 6-3 win.
In the first inning, Roberts hit a double that one-hopped the left field wall. He later scored the game’s first run on a Jason Pridie single. Roberts later grounded out, struck out and singled.
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
- Peter Schmuck's Orioles player predictions
- Orioles FanFest 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
Roberts, 35, has played in just 118 games since the beginning of 2010. He hopes to re-join the Orioles within the next week. He is expected to play a minimum of three games with the Tides – and maybe more.