Orioles pitching prospect Dylan Bundy did not have any other damage in his right elbow besides the ligament tear that needed to be replaced, according to his agent.
Bundy, 20, underwent elbow-ligament-reconstruction (Tommy John) surgery on Thursday in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews performed the surgery.
According to Bundy’s agent, Jay Franklin, Andrews discovered no other problems in the elbow/forearm area with the exception of the ligament tear.
- Orioles pregame notes on McFarland, Chen and Roberts
- Dylan Bundy to undergo Tommy John surgery Thursday morning
- Showalter, Jones and O'Day discuss Dylan Bundy having surgery
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles in August 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Normal recovery is about 12 months.
Bundy, the Orioles’ top pick in 2011, hasn’t pitched since first dealing with forearm discomfort in March.