Orioles top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy, who was scheduled to pitch in Sunday afternoon's Grapefruit League game against the Phillies, was moved back because of muscle spasms in his groin. Additionally, he is scheduled to participate in the team's biomechanical testing Tuesday.
“It was nothing he couldn't pitch with,” Showalter said of the spasm.
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
- Peter Schmuck's Orioles player predictions
- Orioles FanFest 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
That means Bundy, the game's No. 2 prospect according to Baseball America, won't pitch until at least Thursday, eight days after his last spring outing Feb. 27 against the Yankees in Tampa.
Showalter said Bundy and Kevin Gausman will not be sent to minor league camp, which holds its first pitchers and catchers workout Monday, but the Orioles could send three or four other pitchers down to minor league camp this week.