Pearce took an 0-2 pitch from Zach Miner over the left field fence in the second inning for a solo shot to give the Orioles a 1-0 lead. Miner relieved Phillies starter Roy Halladay, who left the game after just one inning with a stomach virus.
With the homer, Pearce is hitting .407 (11-for-27) with four home runs and 12 RBIs this spring.
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
- Peter Schmuck's Orioles player predictions
- Orioles FanFest 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
The Phillies tied the game in the bottom of the third on Ben Revere’s RBI double off Jason Hammel. Revere hit a shot to deep left field that Jason Pridie had in his glove but dropped as he hit the outfield fence.
Otherwise, Hammel, who is making his third Grapefruit League start, has held the Phillies in check. He’s allowed three hits over three innings and has attacked the strike zone well, throwing 27 of his 42 pitches for strikes.