After throwing his first career shutout Wednesday, Orioles right-hander Miguel Gonzalez was being interviewed by MASN’s cameras when his teammate, Adam Jones, smashed a pie in the starter’s face. As it was happening, Gonzalez uttered an expletive that was broadcast.
“I knew [Jones] was coming, but I didn’t know when, that’s why he got me off guard,” Gonzalez said. “And I honestly didn’t even realize it until someone told me what I said.”
- Miguel Gonzalez pitches first career shutout in Orioles' 6-0 win over Reds
- Miguel Gonzalez persevered through two trips to the minor leagues
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles wearing throwback uniforms [Pictures]
See more photos »
Gonzalez said he saw references to his slip up on Twitter and Facebook and he received texts from friends and family.
“Everyone thought it was kind of funny with the way it happened. I thought it was hilarious, also, but I shouldn’t have said anything,” the soft-spoken Gonzalez said. “It came out of my mouth, but as long as I didn’t say anything else (stronger), that’s fine. I’ll take that one any day.”