Roberts needed to be carried off the field after a stolen base April 4 at Tampa Bay, and he went on the DL the next day. Orioles manager Buck Showalter said it would be a reach to think Roberts will be ready to return when he’s first eligible to be activated on April 20.
- Orioles in April [Pictures]
- Showalter says Wednesday's rain delay was too long to bring back Arrieta
- Orioles' Chris Dickerson happy to be back in the big leagues
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
Roberts opened the season 5-for-12 batting from the No. 9 spot. Since Roberts was injured, Orioles No. 9 hitters were 2-for-16 entering Thursday’s game.