Reliever Matt Lindstrom dealing with swollen knee
Orioles reliever Matt Lindstrom walks off the field and accepts the apology of Johnny Damon after Lindstrom was hit by a line drive from Damon during the eighth inning Friday night. (Jason Miller, Getty Images / July 20, 2012)
- Orioles designate Steve Pearce for assignment to make room for Quintanilla
- Trying to predict the Orioles' future trades
- Dan Duquette talks about Quintanilla, Bergesen and trade possibilities
- Pros and Cons: A look at the 8 AL wild card contenders
- Orioles pictures: July
- The Grand Slam: Analyzing the Orioles (Week 15)
See more photos »
Showalter called it “precautionary.” Lindstrom said the swelling had subsided some after four ice treatments, but he was still in pain Saturday afternoon.
“It is pretty sore. It caught me pretty square. I’m not going to know too much until we get the swelling out,” Lindstrom said. “It got my bone. It didn’t get knee cap or anything like that, but I have swelling in the back of my knee.”
He is unavailable Saturday but is hoping he is sidelined only a few days.