The Orioles hope that left-hander Zach Britton can stop the bleeding tonight in Minnesota.
The O's have lost three of four since the break and have dropped 16 of their last 23.
- With O's in critical need of pitching development, can different philosophies co-exist?
- Chris Tillman doesn't last an inning in Orioles loss
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
See more photos »
Following the Orioles' 19-7 loss to the Twins on Monday night, the Orioles bullpen is taxed, having to produce 7 1/3 innings of relief work, so the team needs a good outing from Britton, who is 2-0 with a 3.27 ERA in two career starts agains the Twins.
Meanwhile, Tommy Hunter will start tomorrow's game against the Twins. He might arrive in Minnesota today.
Ryan Flaherty will get the start at second base tonight against Twins right-hander Samuel Deduno. He was taking ground balls at second during early batting practice before Monday's game. He will bat ninth tonight.
Jim Thome, who is a legend here in Twins country (He hit his 600th career homer with the Twins), will hit third and be the DH.
Here are the lineups for tonight's game.
Nick Markakis RF
J.J. Hardy SS
Jim Thome DH
Adam Jones CF
Matt Wieters C
Mark Reynolds 1B
Chris Davis DH
Wilson Betemit 3B
Ryan Flaherty 2B
Zach Britton LHP
Denard Span CF
Ben Revere RF
Joe Mauer C
Josh Willingham LF
Justin Morneau 1B
Trevor Plouffe 3B
Ryan Doumit DH
Brian Dozier SS
Jamey Carroll 2B
Samuel Deduno RHP