The 27-year-old Brach recorded a strong spring while competing for a bullpen spot, allowing two runs over 8 1/3 relief innings on six hits with eight strikeouts and one walk. Six of Brach’s seven spring outings -- including a perfect inning on Tuesday afternoon against the Twins in Fort Myers -- were scoreless.
The Orioles acquired Brach from the San Diego Padres in November in exchange for right-handed minor league starter Devin Jones after Brach was designated for assignment.
- Baltimore Sun coverage: Orioles in the 2014 playoffs
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- 20 key moments from the Orioles' season [Pictures]
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
See more photos »
Brach was 1-0 with a 3.19 ERA in 31 relief innings for the Padres last season.
While the optioning of Brach was the team’s only roster cut on Tuesday, the Orioles are expected to make numerous cuts following each of their two road split-squad games on Wednesday.