Manager Buck Showalter said he'd like to have his Gold Glove, All-Star catcher behind the plate for eight of the Orioles’ next nine games on the upcoming road trip to Oakland, Seattle and Boston.
- Orioles close the book on an era of losing, but the players are looking for more
- The Orioles' streak of losing seasons broken: A look back at 14 years of losing
- Manny Machado's 14th-inning single clinches the Orioles' first non-losing season since 1997
- 20 key moments from the Orioles' season [Pictures]
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
“Once she goes into labor, I would be getting on the plane to come back and see the birth of our first child,” the catcher said.
Wieters has started 116 games at catcher this season, more than any other American League catcher. (Arizona’s Miguel Montero has started 120 games and St. Louis’s Yadier Molina 116 heading into Thursday.)