The Orioles are focusing on a group of five or six outfielders as trade targets, among them Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison.
One of the club’s top priorities at this week's winter meetings is to sign a left-handed hitter who can help fill holes in left field and at designated hitter.
- Looking at Logan Morrison's possible fit in Baltimore, Jason Hammel and more
- Orioles continue search for closer, but no offers made yet to top free agents
- Orioles still interested in John Axford, have met with his representatives this week
- Orioles in March and April 2014 [Pictures]
- Orioles' 2014 player salaries
- Orioles Prospect Watch 2014
See more photos »
The Marlins are looking to move Morrison after signing Garrett Jones to play first base in Miami. Seven different teams have expressed legitimate interest in Morrison, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Morrison, 26, could be a nice fit for the Orioles. He has dealt with knee injuries in the past two seasons, but he had a .261/.354/.423 split against right-handed pitching last season. He is under team control for the next three seasons.
The Orioles also appear to be interested in other Marlins outfielders as well, but Morrison seems to be the most likely one to be shipped.