Kevin Gausman, the Orioles' first-round pick in this June's draft, allowed four runs -- including a pair of home runs -- in his debut for High-A Frederick on Saturday night against the Winston-Salem Dash at Harry Grove Stadium.
Gausman, the draft's fourth overall pick, yielded both homers to Keenyn Walker, a solo shot to left to lead off the first inning and a three-run inside-the-park homer in the second inning on a ball to center field.
After Gausman allowed the second homer to Walker, he retired the final four batters he faced.
- First-round pick Kevin Gausman promoted to high Class-A Frederick
- Orioles first-round pick Gausman discusses theater shooting in his native Aurora, Colo.
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles in August 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles in July 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Gausman threw 42 pitches, 29 of them for strikes.
Gausman was making his first start for the Keys after two scoreless three-inning starts for short-season Single-A Aberdeen. He allowed just one hit over six innings for the IronBirds with five strikeouts and no walks.