He uncorked five wild pitches – becoming the first major league pitcher to do that since Philadelphia’s Ken Howell on April 5, 1989.
Dating to 1918, the five wild pitches in a game ties for fourth most by one pitcher. The amazing thing is Garcia threw four wild pitches all last season – in 146 2/3 innings. He threw four in all of 2010 in 157 innings.
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles home run database
- Baseball players on the move this offseason
- 35th annual OriolesREACH Holiday Party for Kids [Pictures]
- Major League Baseball's winter meetings [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' 25-man roster for 2014 Opening Day
See more photos »
Just for the record, Ken Howell could have done the uncorking in 1989 with the Orioles.
He was in the deal that sent Eddie Murray to the Los Angeles Dodgers in December 1988. Four days later, the Orioles sent Howell to the Philadelphia Phillies for Phil Bradley.