In an unusual early start time – due to the pending Grand Prix of Baltimore – the Orioles’ first pitch is scheduled for 12:35 p.m.
If you are coming here, I hope you left early. Like Tuesday or last weekend.
The streets are already a mess (and the Russell Street ramp is closed, though it wasn’t supposed to be).
- Showalter: Dylan Bundy remaining with Bowie for playoff run, then off to instructional league
- Peter Schmuck grades the Orioles
- Dylan Bundy has another strong outing in third start for Bowie
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
See more photos »
The lineups are out and Matt Wieters is getting a day off, just protocol for the starting catcher for a day game following a night game.
Mark Reynolds is batting cleanup for the first time this season. Reynolds is having a solid August, batting .260 with a .400 on-base percentage, four homers and 10 RBIs. The highest he has batted this year is fifth (eight times).
Manny Machado has been pushed up to seventh in the order today. He’s been that high up in the lineup two other times.
One other thing: Randy Wolf, the lefty the Orioles are expected to sign, is at Camden Yards. He played catch and threw a little long toss in the outfield. And, at this writing, is talking to pitching coach Rick Adair in front of the Orioles’ dugout.
Here is the Orioles’ lineup: Markakis 9, Hardy 6, Jones 8, Reynolds 3, Ford DH, McLouth 7, Machado 5, Andino 4, Teagarden 2. Britton 1.