HOUSTON -- The plaque on Eutaw Street that commemorates Matt Wieters' 395 foot blast last June 29 has received some editing. According to a club spokeswoman, the misspelled “Weiters” on the plaque has been fixed and re-set along the walkway between the right-field flag court and the Warehouse.
The club marks all of the Eutaw Street homers with plaques before the following season, and a USA Today reporter noticed that Wieters' new plaque was misspelled. The affable catcher wasn't too bothered by it.
“It's something that happens a lot,” Wieters said Tuesday. “My last name is a name that I've had misspelled for most of my life, so it's a simple mistake. It happens, an oversight. I'm glad someone found it and we can get it fixed right and we don't have to worry about it anymore.”
Matt Wieters' plaque on Eutaw Street has been fixed
- Orioles honor someone named 'Matt Weiters' with Eutaw Street plaque
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles home run database
- Baseball players on the move this offseason
- 35th annual OriolesREACH Holiday Party for Kids [Pictures]
- Major League Baseball's winter meetings [Pictures]
See more photos »