Orioles rookie third baseman Manny Machado hit his third homer in his fourth big league game Sunday.
Machado, who hit two homers in his second game Friday, took a 2-2 high sinker from Royals starter Bruce Chen over the right-center field fence to give the Orioles an early 2-0 lead in the second inning.
Machado's homer was originally ruled a ground-rule double, but the umpires found that the ball hit off the back of the right-center field fence and over and ruled it a home run.
- Fan who caught both of Manny Machado's homers became an instant celebrity
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles home run database
- Baseball players on the move this offseason
- 35th annual OriolesREACH Holiday Party for Kids [Pictures]
- Major League Baseball's winter meetings [Pictures]
See more photos »
The 20-year-old rookie is now 6-for-13 with five extra-base hits (three homers, one triple, one double).