BRADENTON, Fla. -- David Lough is on the travel roster and said he expects to play a little bit tonight against the Pittsburgh Pirates at McKechnie Field.
It has been more than a week since he has been on a field due to a stiff neck and potential concussion symptoms that included dizziness and floaters in his eyes.
“I’m just trying to get comfortable again before we break here. It feels like forever I haven’t played,” said Lough, who was scratched from playing last Friday and hasn’t been in the lineup since then. “But now it’s just getting that comfort level back, get back to feeling good. It’s all about getting your timing down and doing the little things I do and getting my energy back.”
- Right-hander Bud Norris set to start as Orioles face Pirates tonight in Bradenton
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles wearing throwback uniforms [Pictures]
See more photos »
Lough said he had a battery of tests -- and all of them came back negative.
“I had a MRI on my head, neck, all that came back fine,’ he said. “Blood came back fine, heart [test] came back fine. They thought we should be better safe than sorry and shut me down for so many days ... and now I’m good to go.”