Gausman, whose fastball was steadily from 93-96 mph and topped at 97, allowed three hits in his first inning of work in the fourth, including a pair of back-to-back, two-out singles to Joe Mauer and Josh Willingham.
Mauer’s single, which fell just in front of a diving Trayvon Robinson in left, plated Darin Mastroianni, who reached on a one-out double off Gausman.
- Jason Hammel to make spring debut as Orioles host Pirates w/ starting lineups
- Looking at the defenses of the AL East teams
- Orioles spring training 2013 [Pictures]
- Major League Baseball's winter meetings [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' 25-man roster for 2014 Opening Day
- Baseball players on the move this offseason
See more photos »
Gausman, the Orioles’ first-round pick in 2012 (No. 4 overall), allowed a run in on one hit and two walks in 1 2/3 innings in his spring debut on Sunday in Dunedin. That outing came later in the game against Blue Jays reserves.
He now has four strikeouts in four spring innings.