SARASOTA, Fla. -- Orioles fans who will be in Dunedin today are getting a special treat: Adam Jones will be roving center field and batting fourth.
One of the more difficult trips to navigate in the Grapefruit League, the trip to play the Toronto Blue Jays in Dunedin, Fla., usually is without big names. Orioles manager Buck Showalter doesn’t normally have established veterans -- besides the starting pitcher -- make that trip.
But Jones has not played since last Sunday; he had been in Baltimore for the birth of his first child. He’ll get his plate appearances in while batting cleanup today.
- Orioles' Manny Machado says setback is 'not a big deal'
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop comfortable with spot in second base competition
- In O's debut, Suk-min Yoon feels 'nervous,' looks solid
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
See more photos »
Other pregame notes:
** Alexi Casilla, who was scratched from the starting lineup Friday with a hyper-extended left knee, originally was back in the lineup today starting at shortstop. But he was scratched again today due to team concerns with the knee. Jonathan Schoop will replace him at shortstop. Casilla has just five spring at-bats over three games.
** Rule 5 pick Michael Almanzar, a natural third baseman, is getting his first start at first base today.
** Orioles lineup: Weeks 4, Schoop 6, Urrutia 9, Jones 8, Clevenger 2, Reimold DH, Flaherty 5, Almanzar 3, Berry 7. Miguel Gonzalez 1.