The Orioles go for the sweep against the Cincinnati Reds tonight at Camden Yards and their two newest arrivals will start together for the first time.
Outfielder Alejandro De Aza, who started Tuesday, is batting second and playing left field. Kelly Johnson will get his second consecutive start at third base Thursday. It’s the first time the two veterans, who were acquired in separate trades Saturday night, are starting together for the Orioles.
Otherwise no real surprises in the Orioles lineup.
- Once again, Jonathan Schoop shows his power
- VIDEO: Schoop on longest home run of the season
- Miguel Gonzalez pitches first career shutout in 6-0 win
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
See more photos »
The Reds, on the other hand, are having a little fun with their lineup. Manager Bryan Price has just two regulars in tonight: third baseman Todd Frazier and catcher Devin Mesoraco. Price apparently was not pleased with his offense’s lackluster showing Wednesday and is going to give some kids and backups a chance today. Right fielder Yorman Rodriguez, 22, is making his major league debut.
Orioles: Markakis 9, De Aza 7, Jones 8, Cruz DH, Davis 3, Hardy 6, Johnson 5, Hundley 2, Schoop 4. Tillman 1.
Reds: Bourgeois 8, Santiago 4, Frazier 5, Mesoraco DH, Lutz 7, Rodriguez 9, Hannahan 3, Elmore 6, Barnhart 2. Leake 1.