Orioles manager Buck Showalter said after Friday’s game that left-hander Brian Matusz and hitting coach Jim Presley were fighting flu-type symptoms.
Presley was sent home; Matusz never made it to the ballpark.
“We've got his bug going around,” Showalter said. “It's taken about two guys out a day, seems like.”
- Chris Tillman's strong performance spoiled by two errors in Orioles' 2-0 loss to Blue Jays
- Orioles in March and April 2014 [Pictures]
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
See more photos »
Showalter made it sound like Matusz had already visited the hospital and might have to stay there -- and that he might not be available Saturday.
“I'm not sure about Brian Matusz's status [Saturday],” Showalter said. “There was some talk about if he doesn't get better, keeping him in the hospital overnight.”