Hunter: Back soreness not enough to sideline him in season
Tommy Hunter, who has been scratched from Tuesday's exhibition start with lower back soreness, says that he would take the mound this were the regular season. (Getty Images)
- Zach Britton returns to the mound
- Photo gallery: Orioles spring training 2012
- Nick Johnson hoping to stay healthy, find a role on Orioles
- Projecting the Orioles' 25-man roster for 2014 Opening Day
- Baseball players on the move this offseason
- Orioles in offseason leagues [Pictures]
See more photos »
"I'm not concerned at all,'' he said. "I can still pitch. I've still thrown bullpens with it, but it wasn't getting any better, so they just decided to take two days and go from there. So, I'm not missing anything, other than the little intrasquad today. We're just going to take it slow because it's spring training.
"If it was midseason, I'd be playing. That was the word I wanted them to know. It wasn't getting any better, but maybe a couple days will get it over the hump. It's just a little discomfort, and it wasn't during pitching. It had nothing to do with pitching. It was just bending over picking up ground balls, as bad as that sounds."