The Orioles hit six home runs in their first six innings on Friday night to go up 12-0 against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Orioles ended up with a 12-2 win.
It obviously sets a season high and was the first time the Orioles have hit that many since Sept. 26, 2012 against Toronto. They have 144 homers this season, most in the majors.
Chris Davis hit a solo shot in the sixth inning that was his 20th of the season and 150th of his career.
- With six-homer night, Orioles have a blast in 12-2 win over St. Louis
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles wearing throwback uniforms [Pictures]
See more photos »
J.J. Hardy had two homers, a solo in the third and a three-run shot in the fourth. It was his 11th multi-homer game of his career. Ryan Flaherty and Adam Jones each had solo homers and Manny Machado crushed a pitch to deep left in the second for his 12th homer, a three-run blast.
So the Orioles hit two, three-run homers and had six longballs on the night that they celebrated 60 years of an organization that, at one point, was known for its three-run homers.