High-A Frederick shortstop Adrian Marin was named Monday as the Carolina League Player of the Week for last week, the team announced.
Marin, 20, hit .429 with a home run, seven doubles and 11 RBIs in six games during the week. He had at least one RBI in five of the six games, including a career-high four RBIs in the Keys' 8-1 win over Wilmington at Harry Grove Stadium on May 30.
It is the first Player of the Week honor for the Orioles' 2012 third-round pick. His weeklong total of 11 RBIs led all High-A batters.
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- 20 key moments from the Orioles' season [Pictures]
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
- Orioles wearing throwback uniforms [Pictures]
See more photos »
Overall, Marin is batting .257 with 11 doubles in 47 games this season through Sunday. In the past 10 games, he has a .333 batting average with a 1.024 on-base-plus slugging percentage.
But the shortstop is best known for his defensive prowess, which led Baseball America to rank him as the No. 12 prospect in the Orioles’ farm system.
Marin hit .265 with four home runs and 48 RBIs in 108 games for Low-A Delmarva last year.