Buck Showalter had initially said that top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy was seeing renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday, but the manager told reporters after Wednesday’s game that he misspoke about Bundy’s schedule.
Showalter said Bundy is scheduled to see Andrews in Florida on Monday for a second opinion on his right arm tightness, and he will see Orioles team orthopedist Dr. John Wilckens on Thursday. Wilckens evaluated Bundy and read an MRI back on April 4 before the right-hander was placed on the seven-day minor league disabled list.
Bundy hasn’t pitched since late March. After an MRI showed that Bundy’s elbow was clean, the Orioles remain confident his injury is muscle-related rather than having anything to do with a ligament or tendon.
Showalter said the team is supportive of Bundy getting a second opinion from Andrews.
Dylan Bundy won't see Dr. James Andrews until Monday, Buck Showalter says
- Dylan Bundy [Pictures]
- Dylan Bundy's visit to Dr. James Andrews is a cause for concern
- Orioles top prospect Dylan Bundy getting second opinion on arm tightness from Dr. James Andrews
- Baseball power rankings (April 23, 2013)
- Orioles in April [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' 25-man roster for 2014 Opening Day
See more photos »