He isn’t a part of the Orioles’ postseason push, but Dylan Bundy was a playoff winner Wednesday night, pitching Double-A Bowie to a 4-2 win over Akron in Game 1 of their Eastern League playoff series at Prince George’s Stadium.
The Orioles’ top prospect allowed one run on six hits in six innings, striking out seven and walking just one.
Bundy’s only run allowed came on a homer by Matt Lawson in the top of the second inning.
- Dylan Bundy [Pictures]
- Showalter: Dylan Bundy remaining with Bowie for playoff run, then off to instructional league
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
See more photos »
Rhyne Hughes’ two-run homer in the fourth gave Bowie the lead, and Ronnie Welty and Ty Kelly added solo home runs for the Baysox.
Game 2 of the best-of-five series is Thursday at 7:05 p.m. in Bowie.