BOSTON – Orioles slugger Chris Davis set a franchise single-season home run record with his 51st home run Tuesday night at Fenway Park.
In his third at bat, Davis crushed a 2-1 slider into the center-field stands off Boston right-hander Ryan Dempster in the sixth inning to tie the score at 2-2.
Davis’ shot passed Brady Anderson’s previous club record of 50 homers set in 1996.
- Chris Davis' 2013 home runs by the numbers
- Chris Davis discusses setting Orioles' single-season home run record
- Jason Hammel to start Friday; updates on Gonzalez
- Orioles in September [Pictures]
- Peter Schmuck grades the Orioles (Week 25)
- Projecting the Orioles' 25-man roster for 2014 Opening Day
See more photos »
Davis struck out against Dempster in his previous two at bats on Tuesday and was 2-for-13 with eight strikeouts against Dempster in his career heading into the at bat.
The Orioles recovered the home run ball from a fan in the stands, who requested a ball autographed by Davis in exchange.