Davis became just the fifth Oriole to hit 40 home runs in a season, joining Brady Anderson (50, 1996), Frank Robinson (49, 1966), Jim Gentile (46, 1961) and Rafael Palmeiro (43, 1998).
The slugger continued his monster season with his 101st RBI, which gave the Orioles a 5-3 lead over the Mariners.
- Orioles in July [Pictures]
- Buck Showalter marks three years on the job as Orioles manager
- After 20 years owning Orioles, Peter Angelos' legacy still evolving
- Orioles celebrate American League East title [Pictures]
- Orioles in September 2014 [Pictures]
- Top 10 teams in Orioles history [Pictures]
See more photos »
The 40 home runs also tie a personal mark for Davis, as he hit 40 home runs in 2008 between Double-A, Triple-A and the majors with Texas. He hit 13 homers in 46 games with Frisco, 10 homers in 31 games with Oklahoma and 17 homers in 80 games with the Rangers that year.
Davis is now on pace for 59 home runs this year.