Cal Ripken Jr. will make his in-booth color commentary debut during the Orioles’ game against the Yankees on Sunday afternoon on TBS.
Ripken – who has previously worked in the TBS studio – will call the crucial AL East showdown along with Ernie Johnson and John Smoltz for a national audience. (The game will be blacked out on TBS locally and shown on MASN.)
It’ll be Ripken's first time ever working as an in-game analyst at a major league game.
- Down the Stretch (Sept. 5)
- Orioles reveal a sneak peek of the Cal Ripken Jr. sculpture
- Brooks Robinson excited about O's, says he'll be here for Ripken unveiling
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
Ripken will be honored Thursday night at Camden Yards with the unveiling of his legends sculpture beyond center field. Thursday marks the 17th anniversary of the night he broke Lou Gehrig’s streak for consecutive games played.
He won’t be the first Ripken to call an Orioles game this season. The O’s have played games on FOX featuring Cal’s brother Bill as an analyst on a few occasions.