The Orioles announced Sunday’s attendance at 41,257.
That gives the Orioles 2,102,240 fans for the season, the best attendance at Camden Yards since 2007. And it is a 19.8 percent increase from last year’s 1.76 million.
And you can put a happy-face asterisk on this year’s attendance, if you like. Because of rainouts, the Orioles had two games turned into one-gate doubleheaders.
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
- Peter Schmuck's Orioles player predictions
- Orioles FanFest 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
So they’ve only had 79 home gates this year in comparison to 80 or 81 in past seasons. In fact, they haven’t had fewer than 80 since the strike-shortened 1995 season (72).
If you want to look at average game attendance, the Orioles’ number for 2012 is 26,611, nearly 5,000 more per game than last year. The 2012 average is also the highest at the park since 2007.