It was news because the Orioles are among several teams that are negotiating with Korean right-hander Suk-min Yoon, a former MVP of the Korean Baseball Organization.
But that’s not who was in Sarasota, Fla., the spring home of the Orioles.
- Orioles have made an offer to Korean pitcher Yoon, source says
- Orioles statistics, news, transactions and more
- Orioles photo day [pictures]
- 2014 Orioles spring training [Pictures]
- Projecting the Orioles' Opening Day roster
- Peter Schmuck's Orioles player predictions
See more photos »
- Sights and sounds from Orioles FanFest [Video]
The Yoon who was in Florida is Jung-hyun Yoon, a teenaged left-hander out of Korea whom the Orioles signed last year.
The rumor was shot down quickly. And Keller later Tweeted this: “Different Yoon, guys. Sorry for the letdown.”
And so goes the Orioles’ crazy offseason.