5. Texans (1): In three of their last four games, they have a blowout loss to the Patriots and close call victories over the Jaguars and Lions. Any question about which direction the Texans are headed?
8. Colts (8): The best teams can win games in different ways. The Colts have done that.
9. Ravens (5): The Ravens defense needs a savior. What do you know, here comes Ray Lewis.
10. Seahawks (10): They are starting to have the look of a team you would not want to be playing in January.
13. Bears (11): The more passes Bears receivers drop, the more the Bears drop in the power rankings.
14. Cowboys (16): Could they ride a wave of emotion all the way to the postseason?
15. Vikings (17): They have the best one-dimensional offense in the NFL.
17. Rams (18): It's not saying much, but this is the best Rams team that St. Louis has seen in quite some time.
19. Buccaneers (15): Any team that can blow a 21-10 lead with four minutes left against the Eagles is not a good bet to be playing on Feb. 3. Or Jan. 20. Or Jan. 12, 13, 5 or 6.
20. Browns (24): If the season started three weeks ago, they would be a top five team.
21. Saints (19): Joe Vitt describes his team as "fragile." And the Giants did not handle with care.
22. Chargers (25): It might be too late to save jobs, but that was an impressive effort by Norv Turner and the Chargers Sunday.
23. Dolphins (20): Bad news: they have dropped five of six. Good news: Up next are the Jags and Bills at home.
24. Bills (22): Who needs to use C.J. Spiller when you are 5-8?
25. Panthers: (29): Cam Newton is starting to look like the 2011 version of Cam Newton. Where was this guy in September?
26. Lions (24): Their fifth straight loss has clinched them last place in the NFC North.
27. Eagles (30): Nick Foles has begun making his argument for why he should be the Eagles' staring QB in 2013.
28. Titans (27): The Titans can write off the season to the education of Jake Locker.
29. Raiders (28): It might be Terrelle Pryor time in Oakland.
30. Cardinals. (26): Fifty-eight points separated them from the Seahawks in their ninth straight loss. Change is coming in Arizona.
31. Jaguars (31): Look at the bright side, Jacksonville — only 19 days until it's the offseason.
32. Chiefs (32): Getting blown out by the Browns might not do much for team morale.