After former Chesapeake Bayhawk Johnny Christmas scored his third goal of the night to give Maverik a 15-10 lead with 11:30 left in the game, Ritz, Kyle Harrison (Johns Hopkins, Friends), Sam Bradman (Salisbury) and former Colgate star Peter Baum took over for STX, which scored eight straight. Max Ritz got his second goal, off an assist from his brother, to give STX an 18-10 advantage with 1:06 on the clock.
- Maverik United records first win on LXM Pro Tour, 17-11
- Notebook: Bradman, Max Ritz lead Team STX to 21-16 win in LXM Pro
- 2014 Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships [Pictures]
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: Previewing the NCAA semifinals
See more photos »
For Maverik, Christmas quarterbacked the offense and led with four goals and an assist, and Erik Krum (Salisbury) continued his spectactular play in the series with two goals and one assist.
Former Johns Hopkins All-American Pierce Bassett made 22 saves to earn the win in his LXM PRO debut. He replaced STX defensive captain Matt Russell (Navy), who suffered a broken finger Oct. 5 in a tour win in California. Bassett had a good fourth quarter to stymie a late rally from Maverik.
His counterpart, Johnny Rodriguez (Mount St. Joseph, Salisbury), made 18 saves for Maverik.
The series will continue Nov. 9 in Texas in the Dallas suburb of Oak Point.