UMBC's women's lacrosse team will travel to College Park on Tuesday a bit earlier than originally planned, so the Retrievers and the Terps have a better chance to finish their game before impending bad weather hits.
With rain, snow or rain changing to snow forecast for Tuesday night, the game will begin at 5 p.m. rather than 7 p.m. which officials hope will be early enough to complete the game and get the Retrievers up I-95 to their Catonsville home ahead of any travel troubles.
Maryland has won all eight previous meetings with the Retrievers. The Terps won 23-8 in their last meeting in 2007.
- 2013 women's college lacrosse: Feb.-April [Pictures]
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich's 2014 college lacrosse storylines: A primer from A to Z
- Looking at the top college men's lacrosse teams for 2014
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: April-May [Pictures]
See more photos »
Maryland rolls into the contest with a 5-0 record and the No. 1 ranking. The Terps already have beaten two Top 5 opponents -- Syracuse, 19-11, and Duke, 15-6. Most recently, they beat Hofstra, 16-11, Sunday in College Park.
UMBC is 3-1 and coming off an impressive second-half performance in which they outscored Colgate, 9-1, to fuel a 13-7 victory on Saturday on the road.