Junior midfielder Ray Wardell of Babylon (N.Y.) High has orally committed to play men's lacrosse at Navy.
The 6-foot-5 midfielder is a three-sport athlete as well as a member of the Long Island Jesters 2014 Team. He earned All-Division honors in football this year as a junior and was Academic All-County in basketball last year as a sophomore.
Wardell was an All-Star at the FLG 3D Tournament this summer. A participant of the 2012 205 Recruiting Showcase, Wardell also considered Army, Dartmouth, Williams and Rutgers.
- Despite reservations, college lacrosse coaches recruit younger and younger players
- Johns Hopkins lands first-ever lacrosse commitment from freshman
- Loyola's Conrad among 3 rising sophomores to make oral commitments
- 2014 Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships [Pictures]
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
See more photos »
Severna Park's Kozireski to UMBC
Severna Park junior attackman Jonah Kozireski has orally committed to UMBC. He started in the spring as a sophomore for Falcons coach Larry Kramer and played for the Predator LC and SoCo LC in the summer.
Kozireski attended the Maryland Freestate, Brine Shootout, UPlax, Gait Cup and Lake Placid tournaments. He also considered Furman and Towson.