St. Paul's rising sophomore attackman-midfielder Mitch Gordon has orally committed to the North Carolina men's lacrosse program. The 6-foot-2, 165-pound Baltimore Crabs product played on the Crusaders' first midfield as a freshman, also contributing on the extra-man unit.
He has attended National Scholastic Club Lacrosse Association, Black Card Showcase, Freestate Top 22, Jake Reed's Nike Blue Chip and Crab Feast, with plans to attend the National High School Lacrosse Showcase and Brine Shootout. He also considered Maryland, Georgetown and Johns Hopkins.
Among other oral commitments by rising sophomores, attackman Matt Hubler of Avon Old Farms School in Avon, Conn., committed to Johns Hopkins in May. The Rumson, N.J., native plays club for Team United and is currently attending the Maverik Showtime camp. Hubler also considered Maryland and Syracuse.
- Goalie Hunter Sells of Landon School in Bethesda committed to Johns Hopkins. Sells allowed 4.8 goals per game, saving 64 percent of shots as the Bears' varsity starter. A member of Blackwolf, he attended UMD Summer Classic, Baltimore Summer Kickoff and the Under Armour Underclass Games, where he played for the Washington team. He also considered Maryland, Fairfield, Pennsylvania, Brown and Georgetown.
- Recruiting notes: Rising sophomore O'Neill commits to Johns Hopkins
- 2014 NCAA Lacrosse Final Four coverage
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: Previewing the NCAA semifinals
- Quint Kessenich's college lacrosse stock watch
See more photos »
- Calvert Hall attackman Jason Brown committed to Army. The 6-1, 190-pound right-hander plays for MadLax-Rock Elite, attending the Under Armour Shootout, Crab City Challenge, UPLax, Best of the Best and Baltimore Summer Kickoff, where he was an All-Star.
- Landon attackman Colton Rupp committed to the admissions process at Cornell. Rupp represented Washington at the Under Armour Underclass Games and plays in events with Blackwolf. He also plays varsity football and varsity hockey for the Bears. Rupp also considered Penn, Princeton, Notre Dame, Penn State, North Carolina and Maryland.
- Long-stick midfielder/defenseman A.J. Ferraro of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, Fla., committed to Navy. Ferraro played in events with Team Florida and also attended Jake Reed's Nike Blue Chip last month. He also considered Notre Dame, Michigan and Hofstra.
- Landon defenseman Tom Evans also committed to Navy. Playing club for the VLC Blue Crabs, Evans has attended Top 205 and PreGame 120, making the All-Star Game at WaveLax and King of the Hill. He also plays football. Evans considered Army, Michigan and Ohio State as well.