Richie Easterly, a sophomore attackman from Westhill High in Onandaga, N.Y., has orally committed to play men's lacrosse at Loyola.
The 5-foot-11, 177-pound Easterly enters his third year of varsity lacrosse, starting on extra-man opportunities his eighth-grade year (8 goals, 5 assists) and leading the team in assists his freshman year (15G, 24A).
Easterly is also a two-year starter on the varsity football team, earning first-team all-league honors his sophomore year. Easterly also considered Albany, Bucknell, Colgate and Fairfield.
- Despite reservations, college lacrosse coaches recruit younger and younger players
- Recruiting notes: Boys' Latin midfielder Dashiell commits to Furman
- Recruiting notes: Mass. freshman Dick orally commits to Hoyas
- 2014 Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships [Pictures]
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
See more photos »
Junior oral commitment
Attackman Dawson Allen of Calvary Christian Academy in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., has committed to Mount St. Mary's. Allen was a 2012 Brine All-American, Blue Chip 225 All-Star and Brine National Lacrosse Classic All-Star.
As a sophomore he posted 65 goals, 15 assists and 95 ground balls; he set the league record for goals scored in a single game with 12. He also considered High Point, Bryant and St. John's.