Rising sophomore long-stick midfielder-defenseman Owen Colwell of Westfield (N.J.) High has orally committed to Johns Hopkins.
The 6-foot-1, 175-pound recruit plays events with Leading Edge, also attending Adrenaline Black Card Showcase. Colwell made varsity as a freshman, also participating in soccer. He considered North Carolina, Virginia, Princeton and Ohio State as well.
Among other rising sophomore oral commitments, one player will be coming to Maryland, while one local player will be leaving.
- Vanderbilt hires Severna Park grad Gardner as assistant
- Recruiting notes: St. Paul's sophomore Gordon commits to North Carolina
- Despite reservations, college lacrosse coaches recruit younger and younger players
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: Looking around at the league races
See more photos »
Attackman Preston Faecher of Redondo Union High in Redondo Beach, Calif., has picked the Terps. A member of the West Coast Starz, he attended Adrenaline High Rollers, National Scholastic Club Lacrosse Association, Adrenaline Challenge, Adrenaline Showcase and Shootout, Terrapin Classic and Adrenaline Black Card. He also considered Ohio State, Michigan, Hopkins, Duke and Harvard.
And Boys' Latin midfielder Davy Lizana has committed to Furman. The 6-2, 180-pound recruit plays club for the Baltimore Crabs and also plays football and basketball for the Lakers.
Rising junior oral commitments
- Midfielder Mitch Mona of St. John's (D.C.) has committed to Navy. The 6-foot, 180-pound athlete runs a 4.6 40-yard dash and also plays football as a linebacker. A member of the Annapolis Hawks, he attended Maryland Team Camp, Crab Feast and Gait Cup, with plans to attend the UNC Team Camp.
Rising senior oral commitments
- Defenseman Brandon Aro of Rising Sun High has committed to Stony Brook. Standing 6-6, Aro plays club for the Baltimore Crabs, attending Top 205, Crab Feast and NSCLA, where he was an All-Star. The three-year starter was an All-County and All-Division pick this spring, also starting the past two years in basketball. He also considered Delaware and Goucher.
- Boys' Latin midfielder Austin Brown has committed to Richmond. This summer Brown played in the Freestate Top 22 Game, Baltimore Summer Kickoff, UPLax, Hogan's Heroes and NHSLS, playing club for Lax World. He also considered Delaware, Providence, Hobart, Lafayette, Jacksonville and Monmouth.
- Defenseman Matt Smith of Parkland High in Allentown, Pa., orally committed to Navy last September. Playing club for Old School, he was an All-Star at Top 205 and Hotbeds last summer. A four-year letter-winner, he was also a Brine All-American in Pennsylvania.
- Long-stick midfielder Austin Smith of Good Counsel in Olney has committed to St. Joseph's. As a junior, Smith was an honorable-mention All-Conference and All-County pick, racking up 50 ground balls and seven points. Playing club for MadLax, Smith attended NSCLA (All-Star), Under Armour Shootout, Freestate Games and Best of the Best.