Archbishop Spalding junior midfielder Stephen Hirschmann has made an oral commitment to play men's lacrosse at Delaware.
Last summer, the 5-foot-10, 155-pound recruit participated in the Baltimore Summer Kickoff (All-Star), Under Armour D.C. tryouts, MVP Tournament (All-Star), Maryland Freestate, Warrior Diamond Showcase (All-Star) and Under Armour Shootout. He plays for the Annapolis Hawks club team. Other schools considered included Penn State and Villanova.
Other junior oral commitments
- Long-stick midfielder-defenseman Finn Dunne of Georgetown Prep in North Bethesda has committed to Georgetown. He also plays for Blackwolf and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Dunne previously participated in Jake Reed's Nike Blue Chip, Philly Showcase All-Star Team andthe Brine Shootout. He considered Penn, Princeton and Loyola as well.
- Recruiting notes: 2 more freshmen make oral commitments
- Recruiting notes: Hopkins gets pair of sophomore commitments
- Recruiting notes: Curley, St. Paul's rising seniors give commitments
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: Looking around at the league races
See more photos »
- Defenseman Paul Volante of Ridgefield (Conn.) High has switched his commitment to Loyola Maryland from Army. He has played for the Team Superstar club team and attended Maverik Showtime, Duke Elite 120, Lehigh Elite Camp and Fab Frosh (All-Star).
Among other notable oral commitments, senior long-stick midfielder-defenseman Liam Brine of Governor's Academy in Byfield, Mass., has picked Holy Cross. Brine is the son of Bill Brine, who founded Sport Helmets -- which later became Cascade Lacrosse and was sold to Bauer -- and the grandson of William H. Brine II, who ran Brine Lacrosse for decades. Liam also considered Furman and Dartmouth.