Freshman defenseman Tim Dick of The Rivers School in Weston, Mass., has orally committed to Georgetown, joining a handful of players in the Class of 2016 who have have made college commitments before beginning high school competition.
Dick played with the Fighting Clams' 2015 AA squad before beginning a repeat freshman year at Rivers, where he was also a starter in football last season. An All-Star at Baltimore Summer Kickoff and Hotbeds, Dick has attended Yale Bulldog Bash, UMass Midsummer's Classic, Philly Showcase and Harvard Crimson Fall Classic. He also considered Duke, North Carolina, Princeton and Harvard.
Sophomore oral commitment
- St. Paul's defenseman Ryan Zoll has committed to Fairfield. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound recruit plays for the Baltimore Crabs, attending NSCLA, King of the Hill, Rider MVP, Crab Feast and Hoya 100, where he was an All-Star. Zoll also considered Harvard, Ohio State, Princeton and Georgetown.
- Del. defenseman Lyons is 3rd freshman to commit to college
- Conestoga's Reilly becomes 2nd freshman to orally commit to college
- Johns Hopkins lands first-ever lacrosse commitment from freshman
- 2014 Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships [Pictures]
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
See more photos »
Junior oral commitments
- Long-stick midfielder/defenseman Aaron Turner of Battlefield High in Haymarket, Va., has committed to Mount St. Mary's. As a sophomore, Turner was first-team All-District, second-team All-Region and second-team All-Area. A member of MadLax Orange, he attended Brine Shootout, Philly Showcase, Reebok Nationals, Jake Reed's Nike Blue Chip, Top 205 and FLG in 3D, where he was an All-Star. Turner also considered Brown and Cabrini.
- Calvert Hall attackman Andrew Fanshaw has committed to Vermont. The 5-8, 160-pound left-hander attended Jake Reed's Nike Blue Chip, Freestate Games and Brine Shootout with Maryland Lacrosse Club. Also a varsity volleyball player, Fanshaw considered Navy and High Point as well.
- Severna Park attackman Keegan McCormack has committed to Virginia Military Institute. The 6-1, 185-pound lefty plays club with the Annapolis Hawks, attending Baltimore Summer Kickoff, Crab City Challenge, Brine Shootout and Top 205, earning All-Star Appearances at Loyola Shootout and CT Super Sophs. He also considered Army and Salisbury.