Reisterstown fundraiser to benefit family of late Anne Arundel resident Schimoler
Former Syracuse player, who was active in youth lacrosse in Maryland, died unexpectedly in August
Former Syracuse midfielder John Schimoler was a member of the school's 1983 NCAA Division I championship team. (Inside Lacrosse / October 17, 2012)
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich's 2014 college lacrosse storylines: A primer from A to Z
- Looking at the top college men's lacrosse teams for 2014
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: April-May [Pictures]
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: Feb.-March [Pictures]
See more photos »
The SLF, Hall of Famer Roy Simmons Jr.'s charity organization, is hosting the benefit for Schimoler on Friday at 3 Quail Covey Court in Reistertown from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. (This is a private home: parking is limited.) The suggested door donation is $60 per person or $100 per family. The event will feature a silent auction, and proceeds will benefit the John Schimoler Family Education Fund.
Schimoler, a Long Island native who moved to Maryland after graduating from Syracuse, was part of the Orangemen's 1983 NCAA championship team. The brother of Cornell great Paul Schimoler, he was also active in youth lacrosse in Maryland outside his work in construction in the Baltimore and Washington areas.
For more information on the event this Friday, as well as the SLF, click here.