Capitalizing on lacrosse’s reputation as the fastest-growing college sport, SiriusXM announced Monday morning that it will unveil a weekly show dedicated to lacrosse, beginning Tuesday night.
The Lacrosse Show with Paul Rabil and Paul Carcaterra will air from 7 to 8 p.m. Eastern time and will focus on the latest news, recruiting and equipment. The show will broadcast on SiriusXM College Sports Nation on Channel 91.
Rabil, a four-time All-American midfielder at Johns Hopkins, said in a news release distributed by SiriusXM that he is eager to create a vocal platform for the sport.
- Johns Hopkins, Mount St. Mary's men's lacrosse face quick turnaround for Monday game
- No. 2 Terps score five straight goals to outlast No. 18 Virginia, 13-8, in women's lacrosse
- 2014 Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships [Pictures]
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: Previewing the NCAA semifinals
See more photos »
“I’m confident that this won’t be your typical ‘sports’ show,” he said. “With our interests far beyond lacrosse, not only will we dissect the sport, but we’ll talk about our business and lifestyle interests as well.”
Carcaterra, a former All-American midfielder at Syracuse and current lacrosse analyst at ESPN, said he is looking forward to working with Rabil.
“Paul is an avid sports fan who has a strong grasp on the culture of sports from a player and fan standpoint,” Carcaterra said. “I am looking forward to exploring many different topics related to the game and making this show truly organic and interactive for all listeners.”
SiriusXM will carry the 2014 NCAA Division I men's lacrosse semifinals and championship games live from Baltimore on May 24-26. Live play-by-play of each matchup and pregame and postgame coverage will air on SiriusXM College Sports Nation.