Wichita (17-7-2) came back three separate times on Sunday afternoon and eventually would defeat the Fort Worth Brahmas (11-9-4) in a shootout by the final of 4-3 at the NYTEX Sports Centre. Greger Hanson scored in the bottom half of the eighth round of the shootout, helping propel the Thunder into first place over Allen. Wichita has won their last four games and leads the season-series over the Brahmas 4-0-0.

The Brahmas out-shot the Thunder 10-1 at one point and benefited from a delayed penalty to take the first lead of the game. Austin Mayer put home a rebound at 3:43 to make it 1-0. Five minutes later, Greger Hanson was awarded a penalty shot after getting behind the Brahmas defense, but was unsuccessful as his wrist shot was stopped by Kristopher Westblom. Todd Griffith tied the game at one with less than six minutes to go in the opening period. Wichita was awarded their first power play of the game and converted, tipping home a Dave Inman shot from the blue line. With less than two minutes to go in the period, Fort Worth grabbed the lead back as Phil Fox caught a long-lead pass at the red line, went in on a shorthanded break-a-way and put it over the glove of Torrie Jung to make it 2-1 Brahmas through the first 20 minutes.

Wichita fought back two more times to tie the game in the third period. Greger Hanson scored at 2:41 to tie the game at two. Phil Fox re-gained the lead at 3:59 off a rebound. Kevin Young scored the equalizer on a five-on-three power play with a blast from the point at 11:55. Neither team could decide the game in regulation or overtime and the game was forced into a shootout.

Todd Griffith scored in round two and Greger Hanson ended the shootout in round eight to give the Thunder their second shootout win of the season. Derrick Pallis scored the only Brahmas goal in round two.

Hanson finished with two goals and Kevin Young moved into first place in scoring for defensemen with his game-tying goal in the third (10g, 14a). Jung won for the sixth time this season, stopping 23 of 26 shots.

Wichita went 2-for-8 on the power play while the Brahmas were 0-for-7.