Grease fire put out in Pimlico grandstand level before Friday's racing

A grease fire broke out at a first-floor concession stand cooking chicken tenders Friday morning at Pimlico before the gates opened at 9 and was extinguished by the time the Baltimore fire department arrived.

A manager on duty at the stand on the grandstand level confirmed that the fire took place, but declined to give any details and declined to give his name. Baltimore City fire chief Roman Clark said he was not aware of a fire at Pimlico.

According to the Daily Racing Form, which first reported the fire, there were no reported injuries. Smoke filtered upstairs to a media area and industrial fans were used to disperse the smoke, the Daily Racing Form reported.

Copyright © 2017, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
25°