2013 Preakness field [Pictures]
Image 1 of 9
1. Orb (Morning-line odds: 1-1)( Matthew Stockman / Getty Images / May 4, 2013 )
Jockey: Joel Rosario
Trainer: Claude "Shug" McGaughey
Owners: Phipps Stable and Stuart Janney III
Last race: Won Kentucky Derby by 2 1/2 lengths on May 4.
Dam: Lady Liberty; Sire: Malibu Moon
Of note: Has won his last five races and will likely be at least an even-money favorite in Saturday's Preakness.
Comment: Best horse, worst post position. Will need Rosario to prove again he's one of the better riders in the race -- and world. If he gets his lane, he'll win.
- California Chrome leaves Pimlico for Belmont Park
- Maryland Jockey Club president rooting for California Chrome to win Triple Crown
- California Chrome can wear nasal strip at Belmont Stakes as he runs for Triple Crown
- The California Chrome nasal strip controversy, explained
- NBC Preakness ratings up 5 percent from last year